Sensical Design is your one-stop shop for all your book design and production needs. Whether you’re a large commercial publisher, a non-profit with a small publishing program, or an individual self-publishing your first book, we can help you put your best foot forward and produce books (or shorter publications) of the highest quality. We have decades of experience producing books for clients of all sizes. And we publish books of our own, too, so we know the process inside and out.
What We Do
Here are a few of the publishing services we offer—all at once or a la carte.
- Award-winning book cover design. OK, we can’t guarantee your book will win an award, but some of ours have.
- Interior design. Simple or complex, we believe in book design that is readable and typographically precise.
- Tables, graphs, illustrations. We love working with complicated data … seriously.
- Copy editing and proofreading. Make sure the words are as attractive as the design.
- Production. We sweat the details to get perfect files to the printer.
- Print management. Whether printing 50,000 or 50, we can make sure it gets done right, and at the right price.
- Guidance. Where do I get an ISBN? How do I make a barcode? Is print-on-demand a good way to print my book? We can help.
- Ebook coversions. Sell your book in Apple’s iBookstore or Amazon’s Kindle store.
- Supporting materials. Need postcards, business cards, flyers, a website?
What It Costs
Sensical Design is not a factory operation that throws your manuscript into a meat grinder and spits out a generic product. All of our work is custom and individualized for each client. Consequently, we don’t claim to be the cheapest place in town. Rather, we offer great value at a fair price. Contact us today for a free estimate.
What Are You Waiting For?
Use the contact form below, or call 202.546.8049. We’d love to hear from you!
Dan rescued us from the clutches of a large, no-frills publishing conglomerate! Our book was complicated and technical. It was imperative that it be easy to read and a pleasure to the eye, to ensure the reader does not stray. Dan was the only one who understood our dilemma and rallied like the old publishing houses when they had a critical deadline. We will use Sensical Design whenever possible.
I appreciated the artistry, the skill, and the expertise Dan took with the interior design. I think the text was very difficult to manage because of the ancient fonts involved, but the way he dealt with them was impressive. The hardcover edition of the book was beautiful and much commented on.