Sensical Design is a small graphic design studio in the Washington, DC, area specializing in publication design for non-profit and financial services organizations. Founded by experienced book and magazine designer Daniel Kohan in 2003, Sensical Design has been providing high-quality design services to clients big and small for well over a decade. We have an excellent reputation in the community for tackling complex, challenging projects and delivering on time, on budget, and without drama. Over the years, we have
- Laid out complicated book interiors involving hundreds of tables, obscure foreign alphabets, multiple custom illustrations, or all of the above
- Designed books, reports, and brochures with contents in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Hindi, Russian, and more (hablamos español)
- Created interactive online documents with motion graphics
- Supported other designers in developing WordPress websites or e-books that they did not have the capacity or inclination to handle themselves
- Developed logo and branding standards documents for non-profits and corporations
- Designed and produced complex issue-advocacy consisting of multiple, coordinated documents packaged together
- Developed corporate identities from scratch and seamlessly supported existing identities
- Won awards, judged awards, and mentored younger designers
- And much more.
Sensical Design offers a broad range of design and communication services:
- Books and book covers (see Publishing Services)
- Brochures, booklets, reports, and other publication design
- Annual reports and white papers
- Corporate identity and logos
- Information graphics
- Magazine editorial design
- Advertising art direction
- Web design in HTML and CSS
- Consulting on sustainable design, self-publishing, brand management, and more
We are strongly committed to environmentally sustainable practices, both in our design and in the way we run our office (and we publish books on environmental themes). We donate a portion of our revenues every year to organizations that are combatting climate change.
Sensical Design is a qualified Federal contractor for graphic design and Web design, and a small, disadvantaged (Hispanic-owned) company. We can be found on SAM.gov with the DUNS number 614828692 and the CAGE Code 63WX9. Credit cards accepted.
How can we help you? Contact us to learn more.
The logo is stunning. Initial reaction across the board was WOW! We love the clean feel of it, and the little red child with the reaching arms is really perfect for what we do. It puts the focus on the child, which is where it should be. I am already feeling very cool being associated with our brand!
Dan Kohan and Sensical Design created amazing and high quality work for our annual report this year. Dan was wonderful to work with, creating a unique design that perfectly highlighted our programs and mission. His work was efficient and high-quality. We highly recommend Sensical Design.